Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July Favorites

Welcome to my first edition of my monthly favorites! One thing you may not know about me is I love watching You Tube videos on makeup, hair and beauty products, in fact I waste waaaayyyy too much time doing that! One type of video I watch a lot is monthly favorites where people will show off their favorite beauty products of the month. I felt inspired to share my monthly favorite food and health products. I'm always trying new things and I tend to go through phases with foods, especially as the seasons change. So here goes with my July Favorites!

Seltzer 
I have been completely obsessed with ice cold seltzer this summer. I recently joked that I was "up to 3 cans a day"! I find it so refreshing on hot days and really look forward to this treat. Best of all it's calories free, so my 3 can a day habit isn't setting me back on my health goals!








Berry Shakes I've been loving my berry shakes for breakfast this summer. Just like the seltzer, I find cold shakes totally refreshing in the summer. To make my shake I mix 8 oz. of water, 1 scoop of protein powder (I've been using the Designs for Health Paleo Powder), 1/2 Cup mixed berries, 1 Tbsp ground flax seed and 1 tsp Probiotic Powder. Blend for 1-2 minutes and Enjoy!







Salad 
I crave salad in the summer. I usually try to eat salad a few days a week for lunch, but in the summer I bring salad for lunch almost every day. Recently my salads have been a mix of lettuce, broccoli, beans, seeds, carrots and avocado. I have an ice pack that fits into my salad bowl to keep it cold until lunch time and I bring a small container of dressing to put on top right before I eat it so it doesn't get soggy. Salads can be a really filling meal if you add protein, and healthy fats to it. You can also add variety by mixing up the types of ingredients and dressing you use.


Mango
I was looking for new fruits to add to my mix and picked up a container of pre-cut mango. Mango is a fruit I only recently tried within the the past couple years. I liked the taste, but I found it annoying to cut it up. (If you have any tricks please share with me!). I decided to try the pre-cut mango because let's face it, sometimes you have to pay for convenience! It was so delicious and really easy to pack for a quick snack while working.  A perk of mango is it's on the "Clean 15" list, meaning it contains little to no pesticides and is safe to eat non-organic.


No comments:

Post a Comment